когда мы говорим о привычках и каждодневных обыденных действиях 🔁
Michael exercises several times a week.
Michael and Sam eat dinner together on Friday nights.
когда мы говорим о фактах и объективной реальности 🌐
The sun rises in the East and sets in the West.
Exercise makes our bodies strong and healthy.
A healthy person doesn’t smoke.
Imitation – Presentation
Task 1. What are you interested in? What are your hobbies?
Match the columns.
I’m addicted to…
I’m interested in….
I’m keen on….
I’m a huge fan of…
I’m fond of…
I’m not into…
I’m not interested in….
I’m not keen on….
I’m not a huge fan of…
listening to music 🎵
Write your answers in comments!
Task 5. Describe the pictures using the words given.
room / clean / messy
food /delicious / disgusting
the earth / round / oval
Task 6. Make up questions using the following words:
BE (AM / IS / ARE)
FAVOURITES (BE = AM / IS / ARE)
- what / your favourite movie?
- What / your favorite color?
- what / your favorite day of the week? Why?
- What / your favorite holiday? Why?
- What / your favorite season? Why?
- What / your favorite sport?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- what / your favorite vegetable?
- who / your favorite actor, actress?
- who / your favorite character from literature?
- what / your favorite fast food restaurant?
- what / your favorite breakfast food?
- what / your favorite alcoholic drink?
RANDOM FACTS (BE = AM / IS / ARE)
- you older than me?
- when / your birthday?
- you married / single / divorced?
- your parents / well?
- you / generous?
- your mobile / new?
- you good at keeping secrets?
- What / your morning routine?
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS (BE = AM / IS / ARE)
- you / good at cooking?
- you / keen on sport?
- you / interested in politics?
- what / your hobbies?
ABOUT DAILY ROUTINE
- What / you / eat / almost every day?
- you live in a big house (a small apartament)?
- you live in the city center (in the suburbs)?
- how many brothers / you have?
- your father / drive a car?
- What /you / do when you get home?
- You / often / go out during the week?
- you / smoke?
- you / have any bad habits?
- you believe in UFO?
- you / speak German / very well?
- you know any famous people personally?
- you go to work on foot, by car or by public transport?
- if you use public transport / you take a bus, a tram, a trolley or metro to work?
- how long / it / take you to get to work?
- What / you / do / at work?
- what company / you / work for?
- what / you / like / about your job?
- what / you / not like / about your job?
ABOUT LIKES AND DISLIKES
- you / enjoy reading fashion blogs (newspapers, digital magazines)?
- what type of music / you like?
- you / play a musical instrument?
- where / you / like to hang out?
- you / listen to the music or watch TV in the morning?
Group activities spreadsheets
- Taking about other people’s likes and dislikes
- Think about a person, don’t tell your partner. Ask the questions like (What’s your name? What’s your address? What’s your phone number?) to guess the person.
Composition activities spreadsheets (Writing, Homework)
Task 9. This is an interview with Mary Woods about herself and her husband, John. Write the questions, using the ideas from the box.
- like films
- listen to the radio
- watch TV
- play a musical instrument
- go to the theatre
- drive a car
- like techno music
- drink coffee
live in London
- like dogs
- speak any foreign languages
- Do you live in London?
- Does he play golf?
- Do you speak French?
- Do you like watching TV?
- Does he like listening to the radio?
- Does he like dogs?
- Do you like films?
- Does he drink coffee in the morning?
- Do you drive a car?
- Does he play a musical instrument?
- Do you like techno music?
- Do you like going to the theatre?
– Yes, I live in north London.
– No, but he plays tennis.
1 Yes, I speak French.
2 Yes, I like all the programmes on TV.
3 Yes, he listens to the radio in the morning.
4 No, but he loves cats.
5 No, I don’t like films.
6 Yes, he has two cups in the morning.
7 No, but I have a bicycle.
8 Yes, he plays the piano.
9 No, I prefer classical music.
10 Yes, I love musicals.
Task 10. Think of a person you admire. Tell about this person.
Example: I admire my mother. She loves our family. She enjoys her work. She cooks great food. She doesn’t get angry.
Task 11. Tell your partner about a person you are worried about.
Example: I am worried about my roommate. He works 12 hours a day. He doesn’t eat healthy food. He doesn’t exercise. He doesn’t sleep. He only goes to work, then comes home and goes to bed. He doesn’t have any fun.
Task 12. Fill out your own daily schedule using only the base form of the verb except for three cells. Try to guess when your partner is free to suggest him/her going somewhere.